Thursday, February 5, 2009

Mommy's home




So...I'm back. Idaho was great...My girlfriends and I had a wonderful time and it was nice to just get away and let loose! We went to dinners, got massages, went to bars and just sat around and chatted! My girlfriend Krista has 2 kids and she was ready to party...(we all were) but she is now known as "the tornado". She came in and got us on our A game. We went to a bar and danced until 2 am and we had the best time. We were all in jeans and uggs/snow boots, looked not as good as we could have, but had more fun than has been had in a long time. Needless to say we were pretty useless after that. I admit I missed Remi a lot but I thought it would feel like an extra arm was missing when i was without him...it didn't.

When I got home on Sunday night I went right to bed and woke to a wonderful cold....thanks to Remi. I went into his room monday morning to get him out of his crib and I swear a toddler was in his place. Could he really have grown that much in 4 days?...it was heartbreaking. He also wanted nothing to do with me...he wanted daddy...again my heart broke in little pieces...but at least daddy knew how it felt now and i could actually shower without him trying to get in with me.

We have been hanging out, doing laundry, going to the park and having fun....Today we went to music class and Remi was a bit of a grump. He has had a low grade fever off and on for the past day due to what I think is teething. His little tooth is getting bigger and bigger and I swear it is coming in sideways....great! I have a snaggletooth son! just like his mom!

Now for the big news!!! Remi is going to get his first haircut tomorrow! My baby, my little man, my bubba needs a haircut while his mom is holding on to the last of her hair. Ironic??? I think God has a great sense of humor....but literally Remi looks like he has a tail in the back, his ears are covered in hair and he can't see out of his eyes cuz of all the hair. How did a bald woman give birth to a monkey? She married a monkey! (love you pooh) Of course this is a big deal and we plan to go to a fancy kids hair dresser and take tons of photos....so until tomorrow....!

No comments:

Post a Comment